These may be installed in your terminal subject to the choices and options you have made or may express at any time in accordance with this policy.
Bureau Veritas has defined this policy for your information and transparency, so that you can learn more about:
- the origin and purpose of the information processed when you browse the Site;
- your rights to cookies and other tracers used by Bureau Veritas.
What is a cookie?
Cookies, or similar tracers, are data used by a server to send status information to a user's browser, and by that browser to send status information back to the original server.
Status information can be, for example, a session ID, language, expiration date, etc.
Cookies are used to store status information for the duration of their validity when a browser accesses different pages on a website or when the browser subsequently returns to that website.
What are the cookies issued on the Site used for?
- Manage the authentication of Internet users and associated security, and ensure the proper functioning of the authentication module;
- Optimize the user experience and facilitate navigation, in particular by determining "technical routes" of navigation;
- Retain the information according to which the Internet user has seen the "cookies" information banner displayed and has continued to browse, thus allowing the insertion of cookies on his terminal;
- Implement security measures (e. g. when you are asked to re-login to a content or service after a certain period of time, or to ensure that the Site is functioning properly and that you are using its main technical features such as monitoring performance and navigation errors, managing the user session, etc.).
Cookies of functionalities
These cookies have notably vocation to:
- Adapt the Site to the display preferences of your terminal (language, currency, display resolution, operating system used, configuration and configuration of the display of web pages according to the terminal you are using and its location, etc.);
- Memorize certain information that you enter on the Site in order to facilitate and personalize your next browsing (especially displaying the name and surname of the Internet user identified if he has a user account);
- Allow you to access your personal spaces more quickly by memorizing identifiers or data that you have previously indicated.
Cookies used to track users' use of the Site (audience measurement)
These cookies help us understand your interactions with the Site (most visited pages, applications used, etc.); these cookies can be used to compile statistics, or to test different displays in order to improve the interest and ergonomics of our service.
These cookies have the purpose of (i) offering you, in advertising spaces, relevant targeted content that may interest you (best offers, other destinations, etc.) on the basis of your interests, browsing, preferences, etc. and (ii) limiting the number of ad appearance.
These cookies allow the identification of the third-party Internet site of origin having redirected the Internet user to the Site.
Cookies of social networks (placed by third parties)
These cookies allow you to share your opinion on the Site and share content on social networks (e. g. "Share" or "I like" application buttons from social networks).
Cookies subject to your consent
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent. Also, when you first visit the Site, you are asked, by the presence of an information banner on the Site's home page, if you accept the installation of this type of cookie. Cookies will only be activated after your acceptance by continuing your browsing on the Site.
You will be able to return to your choice at any time by the various means described in the section "How to manage cookies? ».
How to manage cookies?
There are several ways to manage cookies and other tracers.
You can configure your browser to: accept all cookies, or reject them systematically, or choose the ones you accept according to their emitters.
Do not forget to configure all the browsers of your different terminals (tablets, smartphones, computers...).
For the management of cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will let you know how to change your cookie preferences.
For Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
For Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/en/9277.html
For Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=95647
For Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20and%20d%C3%A9sactivate%20the%20cookies
For Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
Flash "cookies © from “Adobe Flash Player”™
"Adobe Flash Player"™ is a computer application that allows the rapid development of dynamic content using Flash. Flash (and applications of the same type) stores the settings, preferences and usage of these contents using technology similar to cookies. However, "Adobe Flash Player"™ manages this information and your choices via a different interface than the one provided by your browser.
To the extent that your device may be able to view content developed with the Flash language, we invite you to access your Flash cookie management tools directly from http://www.adobe.com/en/.
The registration of a cookie in your terminal is essentially subject to your will, which you can express and modify at any time and free of charge through the choices offered by your browser.
If your browser is set to accept cookies in your device, the cookies embedded in the pages and content you have viewed may be temporarily stored in a dedicated area of your device. They will only be readable by their transmitter.