FSSC 22000 opgrade
WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR CERTIFIED ORGANIzATIONS?
There are a number of implications for organizations which are certified to the FSSC 22000 standard. With an experienced team of certification professionals, Bureau Veritas Certification Denmark A/S can support you in identifying the changes and taking the necessary actions to meet new obligations.
These changes include:
- Audits against the FSSC 22000 Scheme requirements Version 4.1 are only allowed until 31st December 2019
- All issued FSSC 22000 version 4.1 certificates will become invalid after 29th June 2021
- Upgrade audits against FSSC 22000 Scheme requirements version 5 shall be conducted between 1st January 2020 and 31st December 2020. An upgrade audit is a full announced audit
- In exceptional cases, upgrade audits can be conducted unannounced when agreed upon by Bureau Veritas Certification Denmark A/S with your organization
- No additional audit time is requested for an upgrade audit to version 5
- Initial audits (stage 1 and stage 2) shall be conducted against the same Scheme requirements version 5
- Planned surveillance and recertification audits shall be used as version 5 upgrade audits.
- A new FSSC 22000 Scheme version 5 certificate shall be issued after a successful upgrade audit. The minimum information to be mentioned on the certificate will be described in the new FSSC 22000 version 5 requirements.
- Remember, failure to take these actions could result in your organization being no longer compliant with the necessary food safety standards – putting the organization at risk of litigation and serious financial penalty.